Monday, February 28, 2011

I'd rather be crocheting...

...or at least reading what others have to say about crocheting, or shopping for yarn or downloading cool patterns. But I really should mop or do laundry..........

Hmmm, maybe blogging to avoid housework is a better idea...

I will not give you feeble excuses as to why I have not blogged in ages... (but perhaps moving to another continent with my family, most of my possessions and 6 huge boxes of yarn had something to do with it).

Yes, I moved my yarn 4159 miles (6691 km). And, not just a little-- a whole lot. Some is in storage, but most of it is here in Germany with me. "Why?" you might ask. "Don't they have yarn in Europe?" you may query. Well, to a fiber addict, it's akin to asking a mother which of her children she'd like to leave behind. The poor, sweet, colorful, soft little skeins would be bereft if I left them for years in a cold corner of my mother-in-law's basement. So the yarn came with me... and now I've bought my yarn some new foreign friends to hang out with. This is yarn addiction. And I am unrepentant.

No comments:

Post a Comment