Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Toddler Troubles! Preschooler Problems!

My 2 and a half year old daughter is making me absolutely insane! She's going through a particularly defiant and angry stage in her development and my patience is really wearing thin. She has been pushing and hitting her sister, screaming and flailing when she does not get her way, shouting "NO!"when I ask her to do something (like sitting down during dinner and other "unreasonable" demands like that). It is getting to the point that I do not want to take her anywhere-- even getting in and out of the car is a fight. I know "this too shall pass" but I'm not sure I can hang on until it does.

Now, my 4 year old is a handfull lately too! I taught her a new word the other day-- "Contrary".
I hear a lot of "I won't, I don't, I can't." We watched the Little Mermaid 2 yesterday for the first time and when it was over I said, "That was a good movie!" and she said, "No, it wasn't!" Now, she was smiling and laughing the whole time, but I guess she has to disagree with everything I say.

Maybe my girls have really bad cabin fever. It has been a very cold and snowy winter and we haven't been doing very much. I don't feel like leaving the house much myself, so I'm sure my attitude does not help. All I know is that I need to figure out what to do. I am loathe to take them out, however, because they give me such a hard time. It's a vicious cycle.

Well, here's a funny story, my 2 year old has taken to wandering around the kitchen during dinner. This has caused me and her father all sorts of grief-- proper family dinner is important to us. So she's dancing around instead of eating and we tell her to sit down and she says, "No, I the queen, I the bossy queen, I don't sit down." We got her to sit for a few minutes eventually, but she kept chanting "Bossy Queen, Bossy Queen." all through dinner. It's a good thing she's cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment