Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Feel Kitschy, Oh So Kitschy...




I feel kitschy, and silly, and bright. So, I got bored with the plastic Softsoap bottles I had in my kitchen and bathroom, and I decided they needed to be "dressed up" a bit. Here are my ultra silly, totally unnecessary floral "soap pump cozies". What do you think? Hey, maybe I'll make the pages of that "What Not To Crochet" blog! Still, I just love these silly things. Now the big question is, if I write up a pattern would anyone want to buy it? I think I'll make some soap savers to match... oh, maybe even a TP cover-- how funny would that be! OY VEY!

4 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! You never know, someone may buy it. Especially if it's a whole bathroom set. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them. I did that with mine and my brothers said that's all you'd need to do to give a gift... mine where cinched at the top with a crochet tie into a bow.
    The yellow one, if you change the colors around, would make it look like a sunflower design I think (unless I have the colors wrong in my mind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would SO put those on all my soap bottles! I'm the only female in the house (unless you count the cats) - so I'm always up for anything "kitschy & silly & bright". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, perfect!! Kinda like my "Pringles" brand snack chip container cozy. Only nicer. Kitschean!

    ReplyDelete