Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My battle with the sewing machine...




At least I can say that I won this round-- but the sewing machine gave quite a fight! Okay, so I haven't used my sewing machine in ages, but I got it into my head to sew a lovely hook case for my "Hooked on Crochet" swap partner on C'ville (I am "multicraftual" after all). Well, it only took me 45 minutes to get the bobbin wound. After that I couldn't get the foot to hold the fabric right. Then the needle broke-- TWICE! After many thread breakages I finally finished it-- it's a little homely. Maybe I could just call it "rustic"or, ummm, "primitive". Still, I'm proud of my little hook case.


Now, you may be asking-- your children left you alone for 3 straight hours?!?!? How can that be? Did you put schnapps in their milk? To that I say, no-- I just gave them a big dose of that opiate of the modern masses-- television! Plus, they both have colds, so they just wanted to rest all afternoon. Believe you me, I have such guilt for letting them watch countless hours of Noggin. But, sometimes you've just got to give in.
Oh, here's a link to the pattern I used to make the case (I made the case a few inches longer, but it's the same idea) Thanks to Katie for the link!



No comments:

Post a Comment